- How and when will I receive my ferry ticket?
You will receive your ferry ticket by email the week leading up to the tour date you selected. You will need to print this ferry ticket in order to access the Statue Cruises boat which will take you to Ellis Island.
- At what time should I arrive to Castle Clinton, Manhattan to board the ferry to Ellis Island?
You should arrive at Castle Clinton, Manhattan, no later than 12pm, we recommend arriving at 11:30am. You will get in line, go through the airport-style security and then board the boat to Ellis Island. Depending on the weather, time of the year and other factors the number of people waiting to board the ferries at Castle Clinton can vary.
- Can I board the boat from Liberty Park, NJ instead of Castle Clinton, Manhattan?
Yes, a departure from New Jersey is available. Your ferry tickets can be used interchangeably from Castle Clinton or Liberty Park.
- What should I wear on this tour?
Closed-toe-shoes are mandatory. Please dress appropriately for the weather, as the buildings are not climate controlled. Every participants will also be given a hard hat for use on the tour, hard hats will be returned at the end of the tour.
- How many other participants are on this tour?
We welcome up to 20 guests per tour.
- Is there an age requirement to attend this tour?
Yes there is. Kids must be 10+ years-old to join.
- Is this tour ADA compliant?
No it is not. Due to the condition of the buildings, this tour is therefore not accessible to people in wheelchairs or powered scooters.
- Can I schedule a private tour for a group?
Yes you can! Please email email@example.com and let us know the number of people in your group and the date you are interested in. A private tour costs $750 for up to 10 guests and $75 for each additional guest, ferry tickets included.
- Can we explore the building on our own?
No you can't, all guests must stay with the docent at all times. This is a very important requirement coming directly from the National Park Service. We ask that every participant on this tour respects this rule and not wonder on their own in the buildings.
- Can I take photos on this tour?
Yes! Taking photos is encouraged however tripods, unipods and video recording are not allowed. Please note that this is not a photography tour, so the group will be asked to move swiftly from one location to another.
- Are my tickets refundable?
Your tickets are not refundable but we will do our best to reschedule you to date of your choice or offer you a credit to use on any other Untapped Cities tour.